Toronto Inspection Ltd. is capable of providing our clients with a full range of geotechnical services related to soil (and groundwater) investigation, rock investigation for foundation design including various piles and shaft caissons. Slope stability analysis can also be performed in-house.
Staff at Toronto Inspection Ltd. have provided site inspections for load tests on caissons, tie-back proof loading and stressing.
Our experience and expertise in geotechnical engineering include:
- Subsurface Investigation of Soil, Rock and Groundwater
- Foundation Engineering and Design
- Evaluation and Testing of Foundations and Shoring Systems
- Monitoring and Supervision of Excavation Procedures
- Slope Stability Studies and Analysis
- Engineering Geology
- Groundwater Control
Inspections by qualified personnel during various construction stages ensures that the project Quality Assurance and Quality Control objectives are met. Toronto Inspection Ltd. provides services related to QA/QC to ensure that field construction activities are in compliance to project specifications and drawings, these include:
- Engineered Fill Monitoring
- Subgrade Inspections
- Caissons (Including Down Hole Inspection)
- Reinforcing Steel in Concrete Structures
- Roofing Inspections – Built-up, EPDM, Mod-Bit, Inverted, PVC, TPO, Liquid Applied Membrane
- Structural Steel Erection and Welding
- Concrete Sampling and Testing
- Concrete – for Foundations, Walls
- Building Envelope Inspections – Air, Vapour Barrier
- Waterproofing and Damp-Proofing Inspections – Residential, Big Box, and High Rise
- Fill Monitoring and Compaction Testing – for Site Grading, Building Pads, Embankments and Roadways
- Granular Base Compaction
- Asphalt Compaction
- Concrete Slab Quality Control
- Asphaltic Concrete Sampling and Testing
- Pre-Cast Concrete Inspections
Toronto Inspection Ltd. has a fully equipped laboratory which offers soil testing services such as moisture content, grain size analysis, hydrometer tests, standard and modified Proctor density, Atterberg (liquid & plastic) limits, and consolidated & unconsolidated compression tests.
Our CSA approved testing laboratory for materials (concrete and asphalt) is maintained by our company affiliate.